Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Ch Ch Ch Changes!

I couldn't help myself with the Bowie reference, but we have made a couple of changes around the farm lately...
walking on a lunge

First is my cast is off! Yay! I am working hard on my PT and they said I may be back in the saddle in 6-8 weeks. Way too long, but at least I can see the end of the tunnel!

Second is Oak going to stay with my trainer for the time being. She really likes him (she calls him her hobbit pony), and he seems to get along really well at her place. His gnat allergies are not as bad and we think he may feel less stressed by NOT being the top dog in the herd. He prefers middle management. She thinks that she will be able to use him in her lesson program with a little more work. It is a win/win because I can focus on training Gray, but I don't have to sell Oak, and Oak is getting miles and an amazing education with my instructor.



Third is we took on a third horse in Oak's place so we are now back up to three out here. We agreed to help our trainer out and take one of her pasture puffs on as a free boarder so she could have room to take Oak indefinitely. Sadie is a mustang mare in her 20s that my trainer rescued a couple of years ago. She is shy but sweet and we are having fun getting to know her.


Gray approves of his new friend

5 comments:

  1. Things sound like they are getting on track! I'm glad Oak is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything seems to be working out all around. Good to hear Oak is doing so well with the trainer. Sadie should be fun to get to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love David Bowie references all day long :) Oak is adorable. Glad your cast is off too!! Sounds like a plan for Oak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like good things all around - yay for getting your cast off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay to getting the cast off! Glad things are working out

    ReplyDelete