Monday, July 4, 2016

Back in the saddle

Well I am not *IN* the saddle at all yet but hey I am back home from a long business trip and back to work with my two boys.

I tried to tack Oak up at liberty and he showed me he still feels very unconfident about his saddle, so I am issuing a ten day challenge for myself. Put the saddle on Oak TEN days in a row. I don't have to do anything in particular with him, but he needs to wear it ten days straight. So far I am on day two with eight more days to go!


Is there anyone else who would like to issue a ten day challenge with me? Something you want to make a habit (does not have to be horse related)? Put in the comments if you want to join in!




Training Log

July 1-4
Worked with Gray for 15 min each day and Oak got one 20 min, and two 30 min sessions.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a ten-day challenge.
    OK... I will put in 30 minutes, at minimum, a day working in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! 10 days straight and your yard will look amazing!! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm in- I will work on ground manners with Carmen every day for the next 10 days. (being caught in the field, stepping over when asked, leading into strange places).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let me know how it goes. I already see improvement on day three. 😊

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete