Friday, May 10, 2019

I do ride sometimes


Since getting back into things I have been trying to get in 4 or more short groundwork sessions with Grayson and 2 rides on Lacey every week. Lacey and I are back to basically where we were pre arm breaking. 
Her mouth stays very active even in a halter.

We are just riding in the fancy bareback pad and rope halter right now because that seems to be what she prefers. I am not planning on showing her so I don't really care what gear we use. 

Enjoy a boring video of me riding with hilarious commentary from my 2 year old and husband.

We are working on relaxation in all gates but especially canter. She gets a little worked up both within and after canter work. She is a bit or worrier and perfectionist, so she is the type of horse you are constantly working to counteract anticipation... But she loves routine too so it is a balancing act. We are also working on not getting behind the vertical. She really wants to curl up and I am trying to gently encourage her to raise her poll and stretch.

Do you have a cookie human?

I just love this horse. She is the perfect ride for me right now. She is sensitive and particular but also super sane and sensible. I think it's the weird Arab/Clydesdale cross? We have a ton to work on, but she is also a confidence builder for me. The best part about her is the more I relax the more she does. She is a perfect reflection of me for better or worse. I am so lucky that I get to borrow her. 
She has really cute pseudo-feathers 

My goals in the near future are to develop our canter, add n some ground polls and small jumps to keep things interesting, and to take more hacks in the big pasture. But mostly I will just focus on enjoying a lovely horse that is perfect just the way she is.

What a cute dork. She is so shiny!

5 comments:

  1. That video was adorable. I quite like how she moves. She seems sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she is real cutie. She moves like an interesting mix between the Arab and Clyde.

      Delete
  2. She's a great horse and seems to fit with you perfectly. Love the commentary! I don't remember why you are only borrowing her and not keeping her. She looks like a good addition to the herd.

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy mother's day to you too! Lacey is on loan from our farrier. We are lucky to have her :)

      Delete
  3. Those are some long feathers! Glad you have been enjoying your rides :)

    ReplyDelete