Sunday, April 14, 2019

Just keep swimming

I feel like I am slowly crawling back to where I was in January which of course is a long way away from where I was pre baby. Probably best not to think of it that way. It seems so overwhelming when I look at how far I have to go to get back to what I think of as normal, so I prefer to just take what's in front of me.

 Just keep swimming...

Isn't it glorious?

My wonderful husband made me a hopefully me-proof mounting block. If I flip this puppy then i probably should not be riding.


I was able to try it out today with my first ride since breaking my arm today. Lacey was wonderful. She was ready to work, soft and relaxed. Considering it took us months to get to that point in the first place, I am over the moon she carried that over to our first ride since January. I am so lucky to have her.


I have also started Gray's training again. I think I am going to try out the Tristan Tucker training modules. I plan to do another post to outline why I decided to try these out (because I have been agonizing over it) but for now have any of you heard of or tried the TRT Method, and if so what do you think?

I visited Oak last weekend and he is doing really well. Going on trail rides and starting to be used for lessons already. Sadie the mustang is getting more comfortable and is becoming easier to catch and handle. The fly mask was quite the adventure!

4 comments:

  1. My husband built me a very similar block and I love it. I agree with the moving forward idea. Looking back is only useful so far and then it becomes paralyzing.

    As you know I have t TRT modules. I find that they are paying off for me big time. I plan to write a post about it but wanted to wait. There are things I’d like more on but they are responsive to questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely mounting block - not like those wobbly things we have here. I'm glad you had a lovely first ride back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new mounting block! Taking it slow and easy is a great way to go. Glad you had a good first ride and that Oak is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely mounting block!

    ReplyDelete